Lyons Magnus Milk Settlement
The Lyons Magnus food service company agreed to a $3.5 million settlement this week over allegations that it neglected to notify customers about a potential bacterial contamination in some of its drinks, including milk.
The Defendants deny all claims and that they violated any law. Plaintiffs and Defendants agreed to a Settlement to avoid the costs and risks of a trial, and to allow the Settlement Class Members to receive payments from the Settlement. The Plaintiffs and their attorneys think the Settlement is best for all Settlement Class Members.
Check out all the details below and file a claim on or before February 9, 2024.
Who’s Eligible for this Settlement?
The Settlement Class includes all natural persons who, between April 1, 2021 and October 27, 2022, purchased in the United States any Covered Product for personal, family or household use, and not resale.
Covered Products means any of the products produced and/or distributed by Defendants that are specified on Exhibit E to the Stipulation of Class Action Settlement Agreement (“Settlement Agreement”). To view the list of Covered Products, click here.
Related: See All Settlement Rebates Here
The defendants have agreed to pay three million, five hundred thousand dollars ($3,500,000) in cash to the Settlement Fund for payment of the following:
- Valid Claim Forms for cash benefits submitted by Settlement Class Members;
- the notice and other administrative costs actually incurred by the Claims Administrator;
- Attorneys’ Fees and Costs, as may be ordered by the Court, and (iv) any service award to the Class Representative, not to exceed $500.00 per Class Representative, as may be ordered by the Court. In addition, Defendants will contribute an additional $75,000 to be used to pay the first $75,000 of notice and other administrative costs actually incurred by the Claims Administrator.
All members of the Settlement Class who submit a Valid Claim are eligible to receive monetary relief as described below:
- Settlement Class Members who submit a Valid Claim Form with Proof of Purchase of a Covered Product shall receive the full purchase price for each unit of Covered Product listed on the Proof of Purchase, inclusive of all taxes.
- Settlement Class Members who submit a Valid Claim Form without Proof of Purchase of a Covered Product shall receive up to the average retail price for up to two (2) Covered Products claimed per household plus a 10% allowance for sales tax, as such price is determined in good faith by the Defendants and provided to the Claim Administrator.
Filing a Claim
To qualify for a Settlement payment, you must complete and submit a Claim Form by February 9, 2024. You may complete and submit a Claim Form online or mail a completed Claim Form to Lyons Magnus Settlement, c/o Claims Administrator, 1650 Arch St, Ste 2210, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Claim Forms are also available by calling 1-866-865-8202, or by emailing email@example.com.
If you submit a claim by U.S. mail, the completed and signed Claim Form must be postmarked by February 9, 2024. If submitting a Claim Form online, you must do so by February 9, 2024.
By signing and submitting a claim form, you swear under penalty of perjury that the information provided is true and correct.